Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Am I A Bandwagon Fan?

So there's some people that call me a bandwagon fan, and I'm frankly tired of it. I don't think I am in the slightest and I'll give you some reasons why. The Colts have always been a love of mine, ever since I was 6 years old. Some reasons why:

1. When you're a kid, you probably adore your grandparents, and want to be just like them. At least I did. My grandfather was a loyal follower of the Colts, and watched almost every single one of their games that they had ever televised. I wanted to be just like him, so I started liking the Colts.

2. My favorite color is and always has been blue. Ever since I had an understanding of what color was, it has been blue. And from then on, I always thought it was a nice bonus for me since I already was starting to like the Colts because of my grandpa.

3. Now keep in mind, this was back when I was around 6 years old, so I already liked the Colts. I will admit, I didn't watch many of their games, maybe only 8 or 9 a year, but I thought it was cool. And then Peyton Manning came along. That is another reason I am a fan of the Colts team. Peyton Manning. At that point, I would have been 7 years old, and for some reason I took an immediate liking to him. Maybe it was because he was the leader, and he was in the driver's seat when the offense took the field. Either way, I liked him, and it made me like the colts even more.

4. Now, by the time I was 12, I started watching every game they played. I was touched when they lost against the Steelers in that crucial playoff game. I got upset with Vanderjagt when he missed those kicks that would have sealed our victory. Now, at this point, I am 16 years old. That means I have watched all of the Colts' games in the past 4 years. Is it too early to call myself a true fan? People say because I didn't follow football religiously when I was younger, I'm not a true fan. I didn't watch all of their games back then, and I'll be the first to admit it. But does that give people the right to call me a bandwagon fan?

You guys can decide. Drop me a comment with some serious thought, telling me what kind of fan you think I am. Until next time, peace out.

2 comments:

Sappy said...

Definately a bandwagon fan!

Haha jk Random.

No you're not a bandwagon fan at all. One of the main reasons I'm a Dodger fan besides the fact that I live in LA is because my grandpa and uncle are huge Dodger fans. And I've been a Dodger fan since. And it's not like the Colts have been good and won Superbowls since you were 6. So there's no reason for people to call you a bandwagon fan.

_world domination said...

No way man you are a big fan. You have proof. Just because you may not be a die-hard fan meaning you haven't watch every single game and know every single player who has ever played for them (which lots of older people like my dad claim lol) doesn't mean your not a fan. I give you your props good colts fan.